Time Flies

Oh my gosh! I just can't believe how much time has gone by since my last post. I'm really doing well, aren't I?

I have been working more on My Label, trying to get a handle on how it works. I am going to take some classes at Bernina University this summer and gain a better understanding of how to use it.

I finally re-made what was supposed to be a 2-hour top. I had cut a size 18, based on my measurements, and it was huge. I took the whole top apart and re-cut it in a 14. After getting the whole thing put back together...


I realized this top just looks awful on me. I guess it will be a good PJ top, so all is not lost on this. I might even be willing to make it again for just that purpose.
It really makes you evaluate what looks good on you when you are spending the time/$$ to make it. You have to be very honest with yourself about your own shape and size.

I don't feel upset about it, rather...committed to figuring it out and refusing to be frustrated so early in the process.
The weird thing is, I can sew. I just can't get the size and fit thing worked out.
I have also invested in the Threads Fitting series DVD's. They are great! I need to evaluate which patterns I have that I can use to practice the tips and techniques on.
Well, I am also going to do a little cleaning in the sewing room this evening so I had better get to it. I was thinking about using the filing cabinet in there to organize patterns and stabilizers.
How do you organize your patterns? Even more messy, how do you organize your stabilizers and interfacings?

1 comments:

Aminat said...

I just made this top too, but because it runs a bit big on me too, I made a belt to wear with it, and I love it . You can see the picture on my blog. Have fun

Post a Comment

Where I look for Inspiration

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love to sew, knit and teach. My three children grow faster than I thought possible and are beginning to leave home. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up but I am always looking.